Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy 2nd Blogaversary!


Ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to announce you that the The Cultural Post will blow two candles for this year!

This project started two years ago when I turned my political blog into a cultural blog. In its first year, the blog was about film reviews. However, as time went by, it made a place to news stories about what's going on in the Canadian film and TV industry. Since then, I've reached a bigger community of amazing readers who commonly share with me their love for films, TV and books.

I'd like to thank my best friends, Léonard and Allen, who encouraged me to keep the course right from day one The Cultural Post. Thanks also to Norma (The Flick Chick), Steve (The Film Cynics), Cameron (URBM), Shannon (Movie Moxie), Blake (Bitchin Film Reviews), the folks at IMDB.com, along with Adrienne Mitchell and Janis Lundman, two of Durham County's producers, for making this experience more rewarding than I expected it to be. Of course, there are many other people I'd like to thank.
Here are my objectives for the third year:

  • Reach more readers especially in Europe and Australia/New Zealand.
  • Put eTalk Daily and ET Canada, two Canadian cultural TV magazines who focus too much on Hollywood, out of business. Here's a note to Canadian media: if you want my attention, don't publish cultural news stories that I've already read in American magazines and newspapers or heard on American TV networks! Seriously, be more productive!
  • Continuing to study journalism at the University of Montreal and getting my professional credentials somewhere in 2011.
  • Getting a bigger operating budget in order to go to Toronto once in a while for the TIFF and other cultural events.
  • And many more things
All right, here's to many more years to come!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Subscriptions

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP