Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award


I'd like to sincerely thank The Flick Chick for granting this award to me and for all her words of encouragement. The rules of this award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


Number 4: Believe me, I'm not an interesting person.

  1. I want Canada to be a republic led by an elected president (either directly by the people or indirectly by the House of Commons); not a country in which the head of state is a foreign monarch who is represented here by a Governor general who should rather re-invent herself as a stand-up comedian.
  2. I never read the movie section in Canadian newspapers (go figure out why). Besides, if you look carefully in every corners of this page, you may find out how I keep myself up to date.
  3. Unlike most Canadians, I never had any complex of inferiority towards Americans (and by extension other nations) when it comes to films (or culture in general).
  4. I'm fluent in French. Although I started to learn English at 12 years old, it was at 16 years old that I could speak and write it as correctly as any native English speakers.
  5. I'm against fighting in hockey. However, this doesn't mean that I can't deliver a clean and legal open-ice hit or a hit against the board.
  6. When I was twelve years old, I learned how to skate by taking figure skating lessons for one year. This means that I can skate better (I didn't say "faster") than most NHLers.
  7. I enjoy playing chess. Besides, I have Chessmaster installed in my laptop.

Now, here comes the best part where I name seven blogs that you should read:

Japan Cinema
I read this blog because I'm not an expert in Asian cinema. Moreover, don't just expect to see reviews of martial art films.

The Film Cynics
Although the two hosts of this blog and I sometimes don't see eye to eye on certain things, it's always a pleasure to discuss TV series or films with them. Besides, don't miss their podcasts.

Bitchin' Film Reviews
I've always like this blog because Blake is not afraid to tell it like it is although I haven't seen some films that he talks about. Moreover, he also provides some news on films by posting trailers.

Film du Québec
Honestly, this blog rocks more than any newspapers or movie sites from Quebec. In fact, Charles-Henri thoroughly covers with passion (and dedication) what's going on in Quebec's movie industry. Besides, unlike many Quebecker journalists and bloggers, he bothers to talk of Quebec-made films not just in French, but also in English.

The Flick Chick
I've been a big fan of this blog for two years. Norma elegantly writes reviews that clearly indicate whether a film is worth watching or not. Besides, if you're looking to know a little bit about Canadian or foreign films, here's a blog to read.

La clique du plateau
I've just discovered this blog recently and I enjoy reading it. Of course you don't read this blog to take those cultural bloggers seriously. After all, it's okay to laugh (in the good sense or the bad one) of what's going on in Quebec's cultural industry once in a while.

Learn Canadian French
This is certainly not a blog that I read in order to know French as it's spoken in some regions of Canada (ex: Quebec, New Brunswick). I just like the dedication that the host of this site has in his attempt to make English speakers discover French.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Subscriptions

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP