Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Hey, it's me, Anh Khoi, your host here at The Cultural Post! I wish you a happy New Year! Besides, I wish you prosperity, peace, order, happiness in your life and cinematic/televisual goodness for 2010!


Although I can't pretend that I've seen most good films of 2009, my top ten list will come shortly. As for television what a year it was, especially for Canadian TV! While most TV series from Quebec (the bulk of the French Canadian market) are not worth watching because they're [cough] soap operas, there was one that caught and kept my attention: the miniseries Aveux! Not bad when you think that Quebec's televisual culture seems doomed to be inferior (despite a few exceptions) to English Canadian and American shows!

As for movies, I can't really complain. In fact, I wasn't dumb enough to give 10% of every pennies spent on a movie ticket to a religious movement that advocates polygamy and the opposition to same-sex marriage. Besides, I'm not going to name this corny film in question because it has had enough undeserved publicity so far. As for the two Transformers films, I'll watch them at some point during my last semester in History because when I'm on a break I have the right to disconnect from academia (joking).

Finally, while 2009 was a good year for me, it also had its shares of downs for me. First of all, I haven't had the time to discover new movie/television/literary or political (yes, I'm extremely fond of politics) blogs. In fact, as you can see, I've been working a lot to improve this blog (whenever I had the time) and above all, to make it a news desk partner with IMDB.com. All in all, what does 2010 has in store for movies and television enthusiasts? We'll see!


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Subscriptions

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP