Yesterday, the nominees for the Globe de cristal were announced. The purpose of this event is to allow the French press hand out awards in arts and culture. The artistic domains in question are cinema, television, architecture/design, literature, music, fashion, cultural exhibitions (read: museums) and stage shows.
Best film of 2009:
* Un prophète, by Jacques Audiard.
* Welcome, by Philippe Lioret.
* OSS 117: Rio ne répond plus, by Michel Hazanavicius.
* Le concert, by Radu Mihaileanu.
* À l'origine, by Xavier Giannoli.
Best actress of 2009
* Isabelle Adjani in La journée de la jupe.
* Chiara Mastroianni in "Non ma fille, tu n'iras pas danser".
* Kristin Scott Thomas in Partir.
* Marie-Josée Croze in Je l'aimais.
* Maïwenn Le Besco in Le bal des actrices.
Best actor of 2009
* Vincent Lindon in Welcome.
* Tahar Rahim in Un prophète.
* Yvan Attal in Partir.
* Jean Dujardin in OSS 117: Rio ne répond plus.
* François Cluzet in À l'origine.
Best TV series or TV film:
* Braquo, by Olivier Marchal (Canal Plus).
* Pigalle la nuit, by Hervé Hadmar et Marc Herpoux (Canal Plus).
* Reporter, by Olivier Kohn (Canal Plus).
* Un village français, by Frédéric Krivine (France 3).
* Kaameloot, by Alexandre Astier (M6).
Best TV documentary
* Apocalypse, by Jean-Louis Guillaud, Henri de Turenne, Isabelle Clarke and Daniel Costelle (France 2).
* Un mur à Berlin, by Patrick Rotman (France 2).
* 1929, by William Karel (Arte).
* Justice à Vegas, by Rémy Burkel (Arte).
* Les arbitres, by Yves Hinant (Canal Plus).
As you can see, since this web site talks about television and films, I've only gone through these two artistic domains. Obviously, if you want the full list of nominees for the Globes de cristal, go here (in French).
Finally, the event will be aired in France on Virgin 17 on February 8, 2010 at 8:50 PM.