This day happens to be the 142nd anniversary of Canada. While we've always been able to export our music and literature, we're entering an era where more and more movies and TV series are produced in this country. Let's wish the best for you, Canada! Finally, I leave you with my top five Canadian films and a 10-questions quiz to see how well you know this country (foreign readers, you're invited to take it).
1. Besides being the name of a city that was founded in 1883, the word "Saskatoon" also refers to what?
|a) A tactic in hockey||b) A berry|
|c) A tree||d) A rifle|
2. Which Canadian city is known as the only city in Canada where we can't turn right on a red light?
|a) Montreal||b) Toronto|
|c) Quebec City||d) Vancouver|
3. Established in 1973 in Dawson City, Yukon, this drink is considered as the most disgusting Canadian drink. Which one is it?
|a) Bloody Caesar||b) Molson Canadian|
|c) Sleeman||d) Sourtoe Cocktail|
4. Who created For Better or For Worse, a very famous comic strip?
|a) Lynn Johnston||b) Roch Carrier|
|c) Antonine Maillet||d) Louis Riel|
5. In which TV series are we following a 32-years old woman sent into the past by a therapist in order to fix her greatest regrets in life?
|a) Durham County||b) Terminal City|
|c) Life With Derek||d) Being Erica|
|6. When did the Canadian war of independence against the British occur (which are known as the Lower-Canada Rebellion and the Upper-Canada Rebellion)?|
|a) 1837-1838||b) 1791|
|c) 1867||d) 1931|
7. Although Canadians use the British spelling system, which one of these, in the Canadian spelling system, is one of the few words written the same way it is in the American spelling system?
|a) Center||b) Program|
|c) Jeweler||d) None of them|
8. What is the name of the rifle used by the Canadian army?
|a) M16||b) M4 Carbine|
|c) C7||d) M16A2|
9. In September 1972, the Summit Series, a competition of hockey between Canada and the USSR, was held. How did Canada win the series?
|a) Four wins, three defeats and one tie||b) Four wins|
|c) Four wins and two defeats||d) Four wins and one defeat|
10. Which entertainmnet company was founded in 1984?
|a) Cavalia||b) Cirque du Soleil|
|c) Zero Gravity Circus||d) Carnivàle Lune Bleue|