Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beginning a New Year

I know that I'm kind of late to wish you a happy new year. Anyway, never in my life have I had so much expectations for the new year. Besides looking forward to get through my second semester in History at the University of Montreal, there are other things that I'm willing to share with you.

Fictive counter-terrorism

Well, it was about bloody time that a TV series dealing with counter-terrorism is produced in Canada! From what I saw in the previews, the TV series seems extremely different than 24. Well, I gave you the answer about that TV series's name, right?

Those who live in Canada probably heard about a new show called The Border. Apparently, most of the bad guys in the show are extremist Muslim terrorists. However, there are also some Muslim characters on the side of the good guys, just to let you know.

With that said, the story takes place in Toronto in the post-9/11 era. Obviously, the storyline follows agents of the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service (CSIS) along with the Immigration and Customs Squad (ICS). Unfortunately, I don't think that we should expect to see politicians among the characters.

Finally, it will premiere on Monday, January 7, at 9 PM. In short, that's definitely a show that I must watch. If it's really good, I'll certainly buy the DVDs.

Another baby?

Sorry, I never meant to say that I'm a father now. Indeed, one of my aunts gave birth to a girl about two months ago. Well, three year ago, I thought that my family will not get larger. Anyway, it's a pleasure to have another cousin, especially when you can take her in your arms to watch the time goes by.

Freaking notebook!

In summer I intend to buy my first laptop. Man, I'm really sick of taking notes in a notebook while I'm in my History classes! At this pace, my right wrist might aches all year long!

Secondly, some of you probably know that I'm a casual computer gamer. Since DirectX 10 is only supported by Windows Vista, I guess that I'm not given much of a choice.

So here comes the natural question: what are the next PC games that I anticipate? Not a lot, to be very honest with you (no particular order) and here's the list:

1) Tomb Raider: Underworld

2) Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway

3) Splinter Cell: Conviction

Anyway, I am not just expecting these games' graphic to be as realistic as possible. To be honest with you, when I started my High school seven years ago, I never thought that it will take us six years to create the "next-gen" graphic stuff that we see nowadays. Let's hope that the gameplay will satisfy me.

Finally, allow me to wish you a happy new year, even though I'm kind of late.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Subscriptions

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP