Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A pathetic poll on multiculturalism

Ok, I'm not supposed to write anything in my blog since I'm on a break, but let me share a very interesting thing with you. It's not the first time that I see an English Canadian newspaper make a poll about Canadians' opinion about multiculturalism. We can see that the majority of Canadians want the "immigrants and ethnic minorities to blend into the Canadian society". However, the problem is that there's lack of nuances in this survey.

If you responded by stating that "immigrants and ethnic minorities [should] blend into the Canadian society", the pollsters will think that you're upholding that immigrants and ethnic minorities don't have the right to keep their ancestral culture. It looks like pollsters nowadays don't even know how to make a poll. Americans want immigrants and ethnic minorities to blend into American society. Does it make Americans racist and oppressive? Definitely not.

Anyway, Friday, I'll write a blog entry about why I'm against the Multiculturalism Act and I'm also going to talk about its backlash on the Canadian society. Leave your comment on my blog on Friday. I just can't wait to have your opinion on the Canadian Multiculturalism Act.



Related link:
Here's the stupid poll that I was talking about
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Subscriptions

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP